We are dedicated to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming conference experience for everyone who participates in Affinity Akamai Tech Talks Conference (“Conference”), regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof). We do not tolerate harassment of event participants in any form. This Code of Conduct was created to outline our expectations for participant behavior as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
We expect all Conference participants (attendees, speakers, sponsors and volunteers) to abide by this Code of Conduct at all Conference venues and Conference-related social events.
The following behaviors are expected and requested of all Conference participants:
- Participate in an authentic and active way.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Attempt collaboration before conflict.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants.
- Alert Conference organizers if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
- Remember that Conference venues may be shared with members of the public. Please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
The following behaviors are considered harassment and are unacceptable at Conference:
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information.
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Inappropriate physical contact.
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes, sexualized comments or jokes; inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcome sexual advances.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person).
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
- Sustained disruption of Conference, including talks and presentations.
- Possessing any open can, bottle or other receptacle containing any alcoholic beverages, except in areas specifically designated for the consumption of alcohol.
- Possessing any illegal substance, including but not limited to narcotics, marijuana, or other illegal drugs.
- Smoking – other than in designated areas.
- Assembling for the purpose of, or resulting in, disturbing the peace, or committing any unlawful act or engaging in any offensive behavior.
- Failure to obey any rules or regulations of the Conference venue.
No weapons will be allowed at the Conference or in other spaces covered by the scope of this Code of Conduct. Weapons include but are not limited to guns, explosives (including fireworks), and large knives such as those used for hunting or display, as well as any other item used for the purpose of causing injury or harm to others. Anyone seen in possession of one of these items will be asked to leave immediately, and will only be allowed to return without the weapon.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior from any Conference participant, including sponsors, media, speakers or venue staff, will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If a Conference participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the Conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including expulsion from the Conference without warning and contacting the authorities as necessary.
If you are subject to or witness unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify the Conference organizers as soon as possible at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. All reports will remain completely confidential.
You can also report unacceptable behavior to any member of Conference personnel. Conference personnel will be available to help Conference participants contact venue security or local law enforcement, to provide escorts, or to otherwise assist those experiencing unacceptable behavior to feel safe for the duration of the Conference.
You may also reach out to the Conference Management directly:
Szymon Jakubowski, Senior Technical Enablement Architect, email@example.com
In any emergency situation please call the authorities immediately via the phones available at the Affinity Akamai Tech Talks Conference venue or directly.
If you feel you have been falsely or unfairly accused of violating this Code of Conduct, you should notify the Conference organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org with a concise description of your grievance. Your grievance will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
Amendments to this Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct may be revised by the Conference organizers at any time by and are non-negotiable. This Code of Conduct is without prejudice to the Conference organizers rights, all of which it expressly reserves.